Saturday, April 21, 2018
Friday, April 20, 2018
In no particular order...
- There are 4/20 parties everywhere!
- So much work on our one and only major freeway (and so much backed up traffic!).
- One of the best museums in the county is celebrating its 50 year anniversary!
- And our famous Mob Museum has opened a working speakeasy.
- Our new hockey team, the Golden Knights, are doing amazingly well in their first season.
- Avicii, a headlining DJ in Las Vegas, died today.
- We have our usual bit of unusual news.
- And our daily criminal activities.
- And they finally caught a disgruntled worker who shot his boss at a company picnic here in Vegas.
- Finally, free horses!
Thursday, April 19, 2018
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Monday, April 16, 2018
Sunday, April 15, 2018
In no particular order...
Saturday, April 14, 2018
Tonight I wanted pad thai for dinner but didn't have the sauce that I usually use to make it with. Previous attempts at making the sauce from scratch were pretty much failures but I decided to give it one more try. The recipe I used to make this pad thai was nearly spot on! The only thing I added to the sauce was a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter which made it taste much better but over all this recipe was a hit!
Friday, April 13, 2018
Another super simple recipe...homemade pizza. The crust is easy (1 package of yeast, 1 cup hot water, 1 cup flour, a bit of salt and a bit of sugar; mix well then add more flour until it makes a dough. Knead then set aside to rise. Today we tried whole wheat flour which was kind of meh.). After the dough rises drop it into a large baking pan, let rise for another 20 minutes or so, then add your toppings--spaghetti sauce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and spinach in our case today. Bake at 450 until brown, about 20 minutes. Yum!
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
On the menu tonight...stuffed mushrooms. These are so easy to make and you can put just about anything in them! Simply chop up your ingredients finely, fry up the ingredients, stuff the mushrooms, and bake them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. I used whatever we had in the fridge for these so the filling included garlic, onions, a little bit of leftover bacon, parsley, and breadcrumbs, fried in butter, stuffed into the mushroom caps then covered with a little shredded cheese. Yum!
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
So much data...such little time to appreciate it all...
Monday, April 9, 2018
The Philippines is one of my favorite countries. Every once in a while I will come across an article about the country that makes me do a double take...
- Boracay is suddenly closed. Like the entire island--a huge tourist destination--was suddenly closed down by the government for six months. Wow!
- And then there was this interesting article about the Filipino tribe that hangs its dead from cliffs (!!?)
- We recently watched this Filipino movie on Amazon and it was a bit surreal. No poverty shown, not even a single jeepney...and so much swearing. Yikes!
- They just started building the first subway in the Philippines. I'll withhold judgement for now...
- And I can't believe Uber has been completely shut down in the Philippines :(